Job Summary: The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing end users with friendly, proactive technical support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Respond to help desk calls, emails, and Web Help Desk (WHD) ticket inquiries in a timely manner while consistently displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, and communicating clearly
• Research, identify, and recommend solutions for hardware and software issues
• Escalate complex issues to relevant IT team/staff as needed
• Accurately record and/or update documentation
• Install and configure IT equipment
• Provide training to end users on use of hardware and software as needed
• Occasionally provide on-call after hours support
• Communicate with external vendors as needed
• Participate in special projects as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• CIS degree and/or 1-2 years of relevant experience
• Experience in corporate office setting preferred
• Knowledgeable in troubleshooting Microsoft products and web-based applications
• Technical knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, wireless devices, and peripheral hardware devices
• Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and MAC OS, communications software, virus protection, and diagnostic software
• Customer service oriented with ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users in a manner they can understand
• Time management skills with ability to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks
• Self-motivated with ability to work in a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities
• Works under general supervision of the Technical Support Supervisor
• This position operates in a professional office environment
• This is a full-time position (40 hours/week)
• Overtime may be required
• Travel may be required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to satisfactorily perform these essential functions without causing an undue hardship for the employer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and must frequently move about the office. The employee must constantly operate a computer and other office equipment such as phones, keyboards, printers, and copiers. The employee is regularly required to communicate with others via phone, email, etc. Occasionally, the employee is required to move up to 10 pounds and may, at times, be required to move up to 50 pounds.
The post Technical Support Representative first appeared on Get a Job Louisiana.