The Nurse LPN Outpatient is part of the person-centered integrated care team and provides office-based specialized services to primary health care patients and assist in managing the patient’s full array of physical health care needs, in addition to behavioral health care needs through a “whole-person” approach.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient’s histories, vital signs, and document in patient chart.• Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.• Perform venipunctures, urinalysis, EKGs and other procedures as directed.• Administer immunizations and other injections• Phone in patient prescriptions and document accordingly• Provide patient education and instruction• Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment, including sterilization• Assist physicians/nurse practitioners in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals• Assist with the scheduling of tests and treatments• Screen telephone callers for appropriate referral/triage, relay messages and documents accordingly• Maintain patients’ files, records, and other information• Adhere to standard precautions, as appropriate, i.e., use protective barriers, handle and dispose infectious waste appropriately, proper hand washing• Follow CLIA and OSHA regulations• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of unit facilities and equipment• Monitor supply of medical stock, medical supplies, and laboratory needs or order supplies when necessary• Assist in contacting/collaborating medical providers regarding significant• health information• Provide education to patients on medical diseases, treatment,• medications, and self-management tools• Monitor HIT tools and reports for treatment and medication alerts and • hospital admissions/discharges and for the purposes of pre-visit planning• Triage medical questions and requests for medication refills in accordance with agency policies medical provider preferences, and license scope of practice• Serve as medical/nursing consultant to clinical services staff and persons served• Contact patients who have been discharged from the Hospital/ED within 3 days to review discharge plans/instructions, medication reconciliation, and assess need for timely follow-up appointment with primary care provider• Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member• Other duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the needs of the clinic
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences• Attends all training as required• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior• Provides quality customer service• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence• Team oriented and values diversity
Responsible for clinical outcomes for assistive staff as outlined in scope of practice
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
• Regular exposure to blood and/or body fluids• Regular exposure to biohazard waste materials
• High School/GED required• Associate degree in nursing preferred
• At least two (2) years experience as a licensed practical nurse in providing medical nursing treatment to individuals treated in a primary health care setting required• Experience and efficiency with healthcare technology software preferred
Licensed Practical Nurse required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant. The post Nurse LPN Outpatient first appeared on Jobs in Missouri.