A-Line Staffing Solutions is Recruiting on Behalf of one of the Nations’ Leading Oncology Treatment Centers with an Open Oncology Registered Nurse Position located at a Clinic in San Antonio
Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in companywide quality initiatives.
· Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group.
· Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
· Assists physician with exams and procedures.
· Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
· Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
· Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
· Documents all elements of care.
· Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid-level provider.
· Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs.
· Triages patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient’s chart.
· Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
· Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
· Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
· Maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
· Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education.
· BSN and Oncology Certified Nurse preferred, but not required.
· 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in an oncology environment.
· Infusion experience is required.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Michael Nichols at [email protected] post Registered Nurse – Mon-Fri, Day Shift, Oncology first appeared on Novagg.